Friday, August 3, 2012
One of the greatest most divine cities I have ever visited is Istanbul. 
There is something extremely calming and almost heavenly about this city. The first time I went was back in 2008, and I haven't stopped dreaming of returning. When the husband told me he had to go for work and asked if I wanted to join him, you better bet I jumped on that opportunity!
I couldn't wait to be able to see the city and the things I missed out on the first time around. 
This time I skipped the typical touristy sights. I was excited for the chance to get lost among the locals and explore the back streets.
One thing you are immediately made aware of in this city, is how kind the people are. I never felt like an outsider. Turkish people are beautiful and extremely inviting. I remember the first time I visited, the husband and I were strolling down the cobblestone streets, I knew that I could easily live in this city and be happy.
Maybe after Malaysia our sail will head towards Turkey.

2 comments:

  1. I am jealous. I have wanted to go for years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should go. It's absolutely beautiful.

      Delete

Fashion, Faith, Food. Sarcasm too. Mama to 3. Currently living in Kuala Lumpur.

...

...

contact Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr

On A Wing And A Prayer: An American Muslim Learns to Fly

On A Wing And A Prayer: An American Muslim Learns to Fly
*as seen on PBS*

Our summer in Jerusalem

Our summer in Jerusalem
check it out @ NieNie Dialogues

ISLAM 101

ISLAM 101
BE INSPIRED

Faith Walks The Land

Faith Walks The Land
{new documentary-Summer 2011}
Eat Less Meat at This Week For Dinner
Powered by Blogger.