Friday, September 28, 2012
The husband is a goal oriented, driven, multi tasker, go getter! 
His attitude is unshakable when he sets his mind to getting something done. 
I, on the other hand am the complete opposite. 
I have my hand in a few different projects at one time, none ever really get done. One minute I want to save whales the next I'm working on finding the perfect pair of black pants. At one point I'm doing interior design and then I'm doing nutrition, but public relations sounds fun!
I'm easily distracted and get excited over the littlest things. 
A.D.D?!? 
The thing is, society judges us on our accomplishments. It's ususaly the first thing out of somone's mouth when they meet you "what do you do?" or "where did you go to school?" 
These questions always give me an anxiety attack. 'Stay at home mom' and 'I never finished college' are not acceptable answers and usually looked down upon. 
Being unwaveringly nice and fluent in sarcasm apperantly are not accomplishments.
Go figure. 
Don't get me wrong I realize the importance of an education and am working on it, but I hate that it's the end all be all of your total existence. Or that your title at work is what defines you. 
I think in the end you need to love what you do and be the best at it, no matter what that might be. And hopefully you'll be rewarded for it.






2 comments:

  1. I've never really understood why are stay-at-home-moms underappreciated by the modern socities. Stay-at-home moms are the hardest working people in the world, working 24/7 and without getting paid :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly wish I could be a stay at home mom. I love teaching but I find it hard to divide myself. I want to find my status and worth in the happiness I create for my family and those who I am in contact with on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete

Fashion, Faith, Food. Sarcasm too. Mama to 3. Currently living in Kuala Lumpur.

...

...

contact Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr

On A Wing And A Prayer: An American Muslim Learns to Fly

On A Wing And A Prayer: An American Muslim Learns to Fly
*as seen on PBS*

Our summer in Jerusalem

Our summer in Jerusalem
check it out @ NieNie Dialogues

ISLAM 101

ISLAM 101
BE INSPIRED

Faith Walks The Land

Faith Walks The Land
{new documentary-Summer 2011}
Eat Less Meat at This Week For Dinner
Powered by Blogger.