Tuesday, September 25, 2012
The one thing I probably miss the most about being in KL is not experiencing the four glorious seasons. Living in the Pacific Northwest we were very spoiled. Although it could have rained less, our summers are to die for. Fall is my most favorite season, after summer of course. 
I miss wearing sweaters, boots, coats, and anything pumpkin flavored! 
I miss sitting by the fireplace.




We had deer traverse through our backyard everyday. We had a beautiful trail that led to a waterfall, just a short 10min walk from our house. A beautiful lake to take a stroll around. 
Mountains, the bay, snow, it was all only a short distance away. 
I'm beginning to feel like being so far from nature can have an effect on ones soul. 

It's a weird feeling not to have any seasons to look forward to. 
Things begin to get a bit mundane and you start to feel like you are in the twilight zone. 
Days pass and you start to lose track of the months. 
It's an odd feeling.
I'm looking forward to visiting the states in November where fall will be in full swing! 
What's your favorite season? 

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it monsoon season in Malaysia? We are having indian summer here in Bellingham. It was warn and sunny today, but the days are getting shorter and it is crisp and cool in the evening until late morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asalaamu Alaikum

    When I lived in Malaysia I felt like that too. I thought to myself there is nothing here to remind you of death. Spring = birth, Summer = youth, Fall = old age, Winter = death. In Malaysia its as if time is standing still and you feel like you can live forever. I wondered if it made people more forgetful of the hereafter. Everyday was exactly the same; a picture postcard day. Its strange to think that after awhile palm trees and sun become old and you long for the 4 seasons. And then commercials would come on tv about Canada and I would really feel homesick..pictures of pine forests and snow and ads for the ROM which I realized I had never visited. I know exactly how you are feeling.

    ReplyDelete

Fashion, Faith, Food. Sarcasm too. Mama to 3. Currently living in Kuala Lumpur.

...

...

contact Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr

On A Wing And A Prayer: An American Muslim Learns to Fly

On A Wing And A Prayer: An American Muslim Learns to Fly
*as seen on PBS*

Our summer in Jerusalem

Our summer in Jerusalem
check it out @ NieNie Dialogues

ISLAM 101

ISLAM 101
BE INSPIRED

Faith Walks The Land

Faith Walks The Land
{new documentary-Summer 2011}
Eat Less Meat at This Week For Dinner
Powered by Blogger.