Thursday, August 9, 2012
These last several months have thrown my way their share of problems.
Some more paralyzing than others.
I am a strong believer in the fact that everything happens for a reason.
We are tested and tried in life. Sometimes serious, sometimes not. 
There are moments where we feel like everything is a burden, we are left feeling tiny and fragile. 
Often in our time of grief we forget to count our blessings and only see our troubles. 
It's very rare when you can look up beyond the storm that encircles you and see that silver lining. 
But it's there.
Sometimes you just need to squint to see it.
There are those who even through their pain, they continue to have faith. 
Faith. 
It's the English meaning of my name, Iman.
It's the name my mother chose for me when she was finally able to see that
silver lining in her own life.  
She breathed into me the will to be strong in the face of adversity, a firm belief in the unseen, 
a forgiving nature and a soft heart.
Besides the tremendous act of giving birth to me, 
her most treasured gift was giving me a sound name. 
Faith. 
It's the only thing that keeps me from drowning.
I grew up watching my mother's unwavering loyalty to her faith.
What she could never have taught me in words, she taught me in action.
I've seen her get knocked down by life, only to dust her self off and get back up again.
No matter where life takes me or what obstacles I face in life, I know that my mother has already given me the very thing I need to survive. 
Faith. 


There is nothing that wastes the body like worry, and one who has any faith in God should be ashamed to worry about anything whatsoever.
-Ghandhi-

{Enlightenment}
*
*

2 comments:

  1. salam alaykoum Iman,
    it's always a pleasure with which I read your blog
    I follow you on the other side of the world and more specifically in France
    your comments are intresting and funny, and your analyzes relevant.
    your name illustrates many things at once it is patience, love, hope. I think your mother gave you a priceless gift there with this name because you can sit back with the trials of lives.
    I pray allah custody in good health and have mercy on him and that he accepts our ibadats in this blessed month
    thank you for sharing with us your impressions and travel.the pics and the comments are a real awakening of senses ahahhahh. other hand I admire it's your faith and openness. At the dawn of this century so disturbing . if this shows us that the decline and conservatism will not lead far
    zeinab

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your post - only today I was talking to my eldest about how we are constantly tested and have to pass these times!

    ReplyDelete

Fashion, Faith, Food. Sarcasm too. Mama to 3. Currently living in Kuala Lumpur.

...

...

contact Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr

On A Wing And A Prayer: An American Muslim Learns to Fly

On A Wing And A Prayer: An American Muslim Learns to Fly
*as seen on PBS*

Our summer in Jerusalem

Our summer in Jerusalem
check it out @ NieNie Dialogues

ISLAM 101

ISLAM 101
BE INSPIRED

Faith Walks The Land

Faith Walks The Land
{new documentary-Summer 2011}
Eat Less Meat at This Week For Dinner
Powered by Blogger.