Wednesday, May 30, 2012
One thing you are immediately made aware of when visiting Malaysia is that they love to eat!
You don't want to come between a Malaysian and their meal, heads will roll. They are serious about each meal. There is no such thing as "eating on the go" every meal is precise in it's own way. 
Everything is planned around food. I don't blame them, it's that good. 
There are some things I have stayed away from, like Durian a fruit that smells like Micheal Jordan's old gym socks. Apparently it's really good, if you can get past the smell.
I haven't acquired the taste for anything cooked in coconut milk yet. 
And I still don't prefer anything spicy.
But for those adventurous souls there is a whole palate of foods to discover. Recently a good friend was sweet enough to introduce me to some local tastes. Some things I would have never tried on my own; otak-otak and chicken gizzards I actually ended up enjoying it all, except a weird drink that involved beans!
(Is this spicy? One of the first things I learned to say!)


Pad Thai
By far my favorite meal, I can eat this everyday.

Thai fried rice in a pineapple. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. It all looks fantastic! My friend went to Indonesia last year and was offered some pretty weird stuff at least by AMerican standards.

    ReplyDelete

Fashion, Faith, Food. Sarcasm too. Mama to 3. Currently living in Kuala Lumpur.

...

...

contact Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr

On A Wing And A Prayer: An American Muslim Learns to Fly

On A Wing And A Prayer: An American Muslim Learns to Fly
*as seen on PBS*

Our summer in Jerusalem

Our summer in Jerusalem
check it out @ NieNie Dialogues

ISLAM 101

ISLAM 101
BE INSPIRED

Faith Walks The Land

Faith Walks The Land
{new documentary-Summer 2011}
Eat Less Meat at This Week For Dinner
Powered by Blogger.