Wednesday, May 19, 2010
We are working on a new documentary.

About a Muslim woman (Me!) who travels to different cities to interact with people who might have never met a Muslim before.

When our first documentary "On A Wing And A Prayer" was released I quickly realized the west needed to see more positive images of Muslims. Especially Muslim women!
While filming "On A Wing And A Prayer", I didn’t think anyone would care about our Muslim family. We’re American, we watch football, eat pizza, we argue about money and worry about our children, just like everyone else. I think we are pretty boring. But apparently no one else did. The overwhelming reaction of the community was so profound. That it got me thinking of doing something that portrayed Muslim women in a positive light. I loved the reaction people got after realizing our family was just like theirs. And why shouldn’t we be!
I am outgoing, friendly and sarcastic and thought it would be a great idea to go out and show the west that I’m a Muslim and an American. My hope in making this film is to show the world being an American Muslim is not an oxymoron.

Faith Walks The Land is about me going across the country into little towns that might never come across a Muslim unless what they see on tv. And we all know that is the farthest thing from the truth about what it is to be a Muslim.
So for those who have come to visit over from CLOVER LANE (thank you by the way) and think you might be interested in this project, email me!
Our first documentary "On A Wing And A Prayer" was featured on PBS with over 2 million viewers. I am really excited about this new adventure. I believe it will be a great way of building tolerance for all.
Peace :)

15 comments:

  1. I came through Clover Lane and just wanted to say that I think you have a lovely blog! What a delight to look through as I start my morning. I am not Muslim (I am LDS, or Mormon) but I have always had a huge respect and love for the Islamic faith, and I agree... Americans need to see a LOT more people like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Iman, I also found you through Clover Lane. What a great interview! Reading that and glancing through your blog shows what a great lady you are! I look forward to seeing your documentary. Thanks for sharing.

    Oh, I also totally love your decorating ideas. You are so cute! That wall of maps is awesome!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your interview, and this glance at your documentary. Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi! found you through clover lane...thanks for sharing your story!! your new documentary sounds fascinating and can't wait to see more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read your wonderful interview on Cloverlane! I would love to see both your documentaries. Where can I find them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like an awesome documentary and so, SO needed. When is the movie going to be released and how can we see it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too found you through Clover Lane. I'm so glad that you found one of my blogs too!
    I think it's wonderful that you are promoting understanding that Islam is a religion of peace. I am LDS myself, but I have had some Muslim friends and students (I taught elementary school) and it is so sad how misunderstood Islam can be. I am glad that you are being so proactive through your blog and documentaries.
    I'm happy I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yet another who found you through Clover Lane.
    I don't think I have ever met a Muslim and I can not wait to see the documentary.
    Thank you for sharing your lives with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to see this ....

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's back on?! Yay!! So happy for you! (Yet, I cringe at this trailer. This time I noticed how much I was squinting because I need to wear my glasses, ha ha.) I think you have such a gift for opening people's eyes about what your religion truly is, and I don't believe that it was intended for violence. I am thrilled so find you back to blogging! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Asalaamu Alaikum

    Looking forward to this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an interesting project, sister! I hope you achieve the results that you were wishing for :) Insha'Allah.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Asalaam-u-Alaikum,
    I'm really intrigued by this, as a Muslim girl who's looking to make the same impression - ironically though - in the Islamic world. I tried finding out how I could get a copy of your documentary to watch here in Dubai (United Arab Emirates), but I'm unable to find the exact way.. Please inform about what's possible. The trailer is INSPIRING btw, MashaAllah.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Go on, girl, you're great!
    Greetings from Paris, France

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete

Fashion, Faith, Food. Sarcasm too. Mama to 3. Currently living in Kuala Lumpur.

...

...

contact Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr

On A Wing And A Prayer: An American Muslim Learns to Fly

On A Wing And A Prayer: An American Muslim Learns to Fly
*as seen on PBS*

Our summer in Jerusalem

Our summer in Jerusalem
check it out @ NieNie Dialogues

ISLAM 101

ISLAM 101
BE INSPIRED

Faith Walks The Land

Faith Walks The Land
{new documentary-Summer 2011}
Eat Less Meat at This Week For Dinner
Powered by Blogger.