Saturday, April 24, 2010
Prayer is an important part of my life. Very important. 

In Islam our way of praying looks a lot different than what you might normally see. 

Yet our prayers are all the same, we pray for health, family, forgiveness, the less fortunate, to end suffering, for comfort and sometimes for a new pair of shoes. 

Islam is based on five pillars. Right after believing in the oneness of God it's an obligation to make 5 daily prayers. 
Seriously! 

I pray five times a day. Don't worry it's not that big of a deal taking less than 10 minutes out of your day to be thankful for life. 

Sometimes I rush through them and I get a little cocky with life and forget to remind myself of what really matters. That's when God reaches down and gives me a little dose of "Oh, no she didn't!" 
And I am reminded of my place in this world. And the greatness of God. 

This last week has been "one of those weeks" if something could have gone wrong, it did. 
At the end of the week I have to remind myself that He does not burden me with more than I can bear.

0 comments:

Fashion, Faith, Food. Sarcasm too. Mama to 3. Currently living in Kuala Lumpur.

...

...

contact Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr

On A Wing And A Prayer: An American Muslim Learns to Fly

On A Wing And A Prayer: An American Muslim Learns to Fly
*as seen on PBS*

Our summer in Jerusalem

Our summer in Jerusalem
check it out @ NieNie Dialogues

ISLAM 101

ISLAM 101
BE INSPIRED

Faith Walks The Land

Faith Walks The Land
{new documentary-Summer 2011}
Eat Less Meat at This Week For Dinner
Powered by Blogger.