Monday, November 9, 2009
So I'm just gonna lay it all out there. I'm Muslim and this is my blog.
Although this blog was not created as a soap box for religion or politics. I really feel the need to just state at how disgusted I was when I heard about the tragic Ft.Hood shootings. Not only is it atrocious in itself, but to hear that a Muslim committed this crime is even worse. Not because Muslims are exempt from committing crimes, but when they do it's magnified in the media and all eyes turn to Muslims around the world. I hate the way the media rounds up all Muslims into the same arena as these terrorists. I am seriously tired of being held accountable for the crimes these ignorant fools commit in the name of Islam. A religion I am proud of and hold very dear. I wonder sometimes how the world's second largest religion can be so misunderstood. Muslim organizations around the nation have come out condemning these attacks.
I just want my voice heard as well.



I thought I would share a small piece that I wrote up after the war in Iraq started. I want people to know that although I might be against the war, I still admire and honor our soldiers for being so selfless. I can't imagine what it would be like to leave my family behind and go out and put my life at risk.


In a statement, the Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) said:

“We condemn this cowardly attack in the strongest terms possible and ask that the perpetrators be punished to the full extent of the law. No religious or political ideology could ever justify or excuse such wanton and indiscriminate violence. The attack was particularly heinous in that it targeted the all-volunteer army that protects our nation. American Muslims stand with our fellow citizens in offering both prayers for the victims and sincere condolences to the families of those killed or injured.”

1 comment:

  1. Well said!

    I'm Catholic and while not nearly the same, I'm tired of everyone thinking all our priests are child molesters. Ughh. Especially when some of our best friends are Catholic priests! The combination of the media and ignorance it really quite awful. :(

    Praying for peace.

    ReplyDelete

Fashion, Faith, Food. Sarcasm too. Mama to 3. Currently living in Kuala Lumpur.

...

...

contact Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr

On A Wing And A Prayer: An American Muslim Learns to Fly

On A Wing And A Prayer: An American Muslim Learns to Fly
*as seen on PBS*

Our summer in Jerusalem

Our summer in Jerusalem
check it out @ NieNie Dialogues

ISLAM 101

ISLAM 101
BE INSPIRED

Faith Walks The Land

Faith Walks The Land
{new documentary-Summer 2011}
Eat Less Meat at This Week For Dinner
Powered by Blogger.